Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Now Revealed! Where Comic Book Fans Like Me Can Find Love and Dates


I want your ugly, I want your disease / I want your everything as long as it's free / I want your love / Love, love, love, I want your love - Lady Gaga, Bad Romance lyrics

I refuse to call myself a nerd, dork, or any other possibly self-deflating term. But, I have always loved comic books and super heroes, so let me use that as a way to open this article about dating and finding love. Comic book fans can find love and happiness, too.

Yes, we all know it can be tough finding a date and love match. I remember how it was back before I met my wife. You hear talk about love and dating and get tired of hearing it. It's always love, love, love. And not everyone finds someone as easily as Clark Kent found Lois Lane. (And even then it took them decades to tie the knot.). But, I am confident with my experience and advice that you can find dates and love.

I met my wife in college by taking the initiative and asking her out. That is one piece to the love puzzle, stepping out of your comfort zone. Another piece is being on the lookout. Do not leave everything up to destiny when it comes to love. You have to take the love bull by the horns and make him work for you. Finding love and a quality relationship starts by putting out the effort and looking. While the tight and toned athletes and those with much money have women chasing them, you need to look if you are among the 90 percent of other guys.

Furthermore, while it would be amazing and sexy to find love and a relationship at a comic book store (I'm being serious!), that likely won't happen. Not every woman appreciates super heroes and the world of four color panels like my wife. That said, I believe you will not find love and a quality relationship at the bar. So, where to start?

I suggest trying online dating sites to find love. They are all over the Internet now like love kiosks. Some dating sites like SinglesNet and PlentyofFish are even free. I have known many people who use the Internet to find love and dates. It can work. Let me run some numbers by you.


One in 5 singles have dated someone they met on a dating site, according to datingsitesreviews.com. Finding a match online is not uncommon these days. It is perfectly acceptable to find love and a date online.
Also, according to datingsitesreviews.com, married couples who met online have an average courtship period of 18.5 months. Married couples who met offline have a courtship period that lasts on average 42 months. So, dating online is a faster way to find your perfect match and love.

If you are looking for love, take a small step out of your comfort zone and try an online dating site. Many sites are simple to use and will not even take much time. For example, I know at SinglesNet, you can search for matches by only putting in your Zip code and telling the Web site if you are looking for a man or woman. The database then brings up love matches in your area. You can become one of those lucky people who one day say, "I love Love."

And face it, who does not love Love. Love is a concept and feeling we all need in our lives. I am confident if you take a chance and try searching an online site for a date, you will find some good ones. Then, maybe next time you hear of someone bragging about his or her spouse, you won't think, "Love, love, love, bah humbug."

One final note, when you do meet your love match, move confidently. The article Attracting Women With Body Language - Using Your Body To Attract Girls 101 by Dean James states moving confidently means "...not fidgeting, or shaking, just because you see the girl you like, or your dream girl sits beside you. A lot of females get turned off when they see men who are nervous, or don't have enough confidence."

Fellow fanboys, love and happiness await. And who knows, maybe every guy has a Lois Lane, Shiera Hall, or Mary Jane Watson out there. Maybe it just takes a little work to find her.








Scott Faubion offers dating advice at http://www.squidoo.com/relationship-tips-and-tricks.

Scott is also an owner of Halloween Hill, an online business that provides Halloween props to haunted house owners and home haunters at http://www.halloween-hill-props.com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More